From an early age, we’re taught “accidents happen”—and that we should forgive and forget. Unfortunately, negligent people and their insurance companies will use your good intentions and kind nature to offer settlements that are way below market value.
If you’ve been injured in a Georgia car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or another negligence-related incident, you need someone who cares about you. You need a lawyer who will be a trustworthy voice on your side and a confidant who will take the time to understand everything about your physical pain, emotional suffering, and the stress you are experiencing. However, the most important reason to have a personal injury lawyer represent you is that it shows the insurance company they’re dealing with an experienced advocate who is just as invested in the success of your case as you are.
How We Assess Your Accident Case
Brian Hobbs Law’s promise to you is that we will never try to convince you to hire us if we don’t believe we can add real value to your claim. If we sit down with you and determine that your case isn’t one that needs an attorney, we will direct you to our resources and guides designed to help you handle the case yourself.
Here’s how we assess your case to determine whether hiring an attorney makes sense for you:
- Determine fault. First, we determine who is at fault. If more than one party is responsible, we look at how much fault each party bears based on the available evidence.
- Assess your current injuries. The more serious your injuries, the more sense it makes to hire a lawyer for your personal injury claim. Accident victims with serious injuries, like broken bones or torn ligaments, should consult with an attorney before making any recorded statements with the insurance company.
- Consider any previous injuries. Insurance companies love to use any previous injuries as a reason to fight your car accident claim. They’ll bring up a pre-existing injury as a way to bully you into taking a lowball offer or no offer at all. We will review your past medical history to see what impact your health history may have on your settlement options.
- Review the treatment you’ve already received. Insurance companies have a “length of treatment algorithm” that they use to determine how long you should be receiving medical care. If your injury requires more medical treatment than their mathematical formula, they will claim your treatment is unnecessary and not give you a fair offer for your medical bills.
- Look at the limits of the available car insurance. As most people know, it’s against the law to drive without insurance in Georgia. However, the law only requires that a driver carry $25,000 of insurance for bodily injury. If your medical bills exceed that—and many victim’s injuries do—your recovery is still limited to $25,000. In those cases, where the person who caused your injury is uninsured or underinsured, then we need to also look at your own insurance policy to see if we can find the necessary coverage to pay for your damages.
- Look at the coverage offered by your health insurance. Many health insurance companies, hospitals, or medical providers will seek repayment of bills they paid on your behalf or try to recover payment. We make sure they don’t get more than they deserve.
Get the Help You Need
I know that if you’re looking for a lawyer, you’re probably not having a great day. I honestly hope you recover from your injuries and are able to quickly get back to living your life the way you did before your accident. That’s why Brian Hobbs Law makes it easy for you to learn more about your situation and make the best decisions for your case.
If you have questions, the best way to start your conversation is to pick up the phone and call us. The conversation is 100% confidential, and there is absolutely no obligation. Let us provide you with the answers you deserve.
- What form you should never sign for an insurance company
- What “service” provided by some personal injury lawyers can kill your case
- How to avoid injuries from past accidents coming back to haunt your case
- How to quickly and easily find the best lawyer for your personal injury case
- What the insurance companies do to investigate your background
- Whether the “standard” one-third contingency fee is really “standard”
- How to cut through lawyer advertising to get to what’s important
- How to maximize your chances for a full and fair recovery
- Whether your health insurance company or treating hospital and doctors are allowed to be paid first out of your accident settlement
- What the insurance company doesn’t want you to know about the settlement of car accident cases
At Brian Hobbs Law, we want to help you get a fair result for your case so you can get back to what’s important—living your life and spending time with your loved ones. Contact us today to discuss your options. Our office is located in Marietta, Georgia. However, if you are injured, I will come to you.